Thursday 13 June 2013

Adore- Dimensional Glitter Hearts!

Hello!
This weeks project for Creative Expressions has a totally different feel, colour wise, to my recent creations!
We were sent some totally gorgeous gunmetal coloured glitter to play with this month, and I decided to keep things a little dark this week....
I used the glitter to make the dimensional hearts on my tag, springing up like weird and wonderful flowers!
I mixed the glitter with resin, and poured it into the spaces in a heart shaped silicone ice cube tray. Once the resin had hardened, I popped out the heart shapes to use as embellishments.
A similar kind of effect can be achieved by mixing the glitter into molten UTEE, and then pouring into the mould. I wound some wire around a knitting needle to create coils, which I then cut to size. The coils were glued to the back of the hearts, then the hearts were glued to the tag. As they are attached so securely at the top, the wire coils stay in place at the base of the tag.....
If the coils look like they're popping up, a dab of glue behind them will sort them out! When this happens to me, I always put a bit of fringed paper over the coils to hide the glue.
The background itself is a size 8 black tag. I brayered some white paint over the tag, then added a little stamping. I stamped the chicken wire and the plaid background using red paint, and the floral flourish from the Floral Silhouette plate using black ink...

I also sponged the red paint through a dotty stencil. The finishing touch is a Chit Chat sticker, the word 'adore' linking in with the heart embellishments.
Something a little bit grungy, showing you can use glitter to create embellishments as well as adding sparkle!
Love Trish xx











5 comments:

  1. Brilliant tag love the gunmetal and red fab combination
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that's so cool! The glittery resin hearts look amazing (think I'm gonna go resin not meltpot if I head anywhere like that)... and I love the dramatic colour combination - fabulous tag!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the glittery resin darts Trish with the added coils, cool. Your background is gorgeous, I love the stencilling and colours. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Trish! I love those glittery hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow love love love the grungy feel to this!
    xx hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU for taking the time to write me a message...it means a lot! xxxxx